This policy describes the information we process to support 9japlus, 9japlus Messenger and other products and features offered by 9japlus (or Products). You can find additional tools and information in the 9japlus and 9japlus messenger
What kinds of information do we collect?
To provide the 9japlus Products, we must process information about you. The types of information we collect depend on how you use our Products. You can learn how to access and delete information we collect by visiting the 9japlus and 9japlus messenger settings.
Things you and others do and provide.
· Information and content you provide. We collect the content, communications and other information you provide when you use our platform products, including when you sign up for an account, create or share content, and message or communicate with others. This can include information in or about the content you provide (like metadata), such as the location of a photo or the date a file was created. It can also include what you see through features we provide, such as our camera, so we can do things like suggest masks and filters that you might like, or give you tips on using camera formats. Our systems automatically process content and communications you and others provide to analyze context and what's in them for the purposes described below. Learn more about how you can control who can see the things you share.
· Data with special protections: You can choose to provide information in your 9japlus profile fields or Life Events about your religious views, political views, who you are "interested in," or your health. This and other information (such as racial or ethnic origin, philosophical beliefs or trade union membership) could be subject to special protections under the laws of your country.
· Networks and connections. We collect information about the people, Pages, accounts, hashtags and groups you are connected to and how you interact with them across our Products, such as people you communicate with the most or groups you are part of. We also collect contact information if you choose to upload, sync or import it from a device (such as an address book or call log or SMS log history), which we use for things like helping you and others find people you may know and for the other purposes listed below.
· Your usage. We collect information about how you use our Products, such as the types of content you view or engage with; the features you use; the actions you take; the people or accounts you interact with; and the time, frequency and duration of your activities. For example, we log when you're using and have last used our Products, and what posts, videos and other content you view on our Products. We also collect information about how you use features like our camera.
· Information about transactions made on our Products. If you use our Products for purchases or other financial transactions (such as when you make a purchase in a game or make a donation), we collect information about the purchase or transaction. This includes payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and other card information; other account and authentication information; and billing, shipping and contact details.
· Things others do and information they provide about you. We also receive and analyze content, communications and information that other people provide when they use our Products. This can include information about you, such as when others share or comment on a photo of you, send a message to you, or upload, sync or import your contact information.
As described below, we
collect information from and about the computers, phones, connected TVs and
other web-connected devices you use that integrate with our Products, and we
combine this information across different devices you use. For example, we use
information collected about your use of our Products on your phone to better
personalize the content (including ads) or features you see when you use
our Products on another device, such as your laptop or tablet, or to measure
whether you took an action in response to an ad we showed you on your phone on
a different device.
Information we obtain from these devices includes:
· Device attributes: information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, battery level, signal strength, available storage space, browser type, app and file names and types, and plugins.
· Device operations: information about operations and behaviors performed on the device, such as whether a window is foregrounded or backgrounded, or mouse movements (which can help distinguish humans from bots).
· Identifiers: unique identifiers, device IDs, and other identifiers, such as from games, apps or accounts you use, and Family Device IDs (or other identifiers unique to Omni-Forte Favor Corp Products associated with the same device or account).
· Device signals: Bluetooth signals, and information about nearby Wi-Fi access points, beacons, and cell towers.
· Data from device settings: information you allow us to receive through device settings you turn on, such as access to your GPS location, camera or photos.
· Network and connections: information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, mobile phone number, IP address, connection speed and, in some cases, information about other devices that are nearby or on your network, so we can do things like help you stream a video from your phone to your TV.
How do we use this information?
We use the information we have (subject to choices you make) as described below and to provide and support the 9japlus Products and related services described in the 9japlus Terms and 9japlus Messenger Terms. Here's how:
Provide, personalize and improve our Products.
We use the information we have to deliver our Products, including to personalize features and content (including your News Feed, 9japlus Messenger Feed, 9japlus Messenger Stories and ads) and make suggestions for you (such as groups or events you may be interested in or topics you may want to follow) on and off our Products. To create personalized Products that are unique and relevant to you, we use your connections, preferences, interests and activities based on the data we collect and learn from you and others (including any data with special protections you choose to provide); how you use and interact with our Products; and the people, places, or things you're connected to and interested in on and off our Products. Learn more about how we use information about you to personalize your 9japlus and 9japlus Messenger experience, including features, content and recommendations in 9japlus Products; you can also learn more about how we choose the ads that you see.
· Information across 9japlus Products and devices: We connect information about your activities on different 9japlus Products and devices to provide a more tailored and consistent experience on all 9japlus Products you use, wherever you use them. For example, we can suggest that you join a group on 9japlus that includes people you follow on 9japlus Messenger or communicate with using Messenger. We can also make your experience more seamless, for example, by automatically filling in your registration information (such as your phone number) from one 9japlus Product when you sign up for an account on a different Product.
· Location-related information: We use location-related information-such as your current location, where you live, the places you like to go, and the businesses and people you're near-to provide, personalize and improve our Products, including ads, for you and others. Location-related information can be based on things like precise device location (if you've allowed us to collect it), IP addresses, and information from your and others' use of 9japlus Products (such as check-ins or events you attend).
· Product research and development: We use the information we have to develop, test and improve our Products, including by conducting surveys and research, and testing and troubleshooting new products and features.
· Face recognition: If you have it turned on, we use face recognition technology to recognize you in photos, videos and camera experiences. The face-recognition templates we create may constitute data with special protections under the laws of your country. Learn more about how we use face recognition technology, or control our use of this technology in 9japlus Settings. If we introduce face-recognition technology to your 9japlus Messenger experience, we will let you know first, and you will have control over whether we use this technology for you.
· Ads and other sponsored content: We use the information we have about you-including information about your interests, actions and connections-to select and personalize ads, offers and other sponsored content that we show you. Learn more about how we select and personalize ads, and your choices over the data we use to select ads and other sponsored content for you in the 9japlus Settings and 9japlus Messenger Settings.
Provide measurement, analytics, and other business services.
We use the information we have (including your activity off our Products, such as the websites you visit and ads you see) to help advertisers and other partners measure the effectiveness and distribution of their ads and services, and understand the types of people who use their services and how people interact with their websites, apps, and services. Learn how we share information with these partners.
Promote safety, integrity and security.
We use the information we have to verify accounts and activity, combat harmful conduct, detect and prevent spam and other bad experiences, maintain the integrity of our Products, and promote safety and security on and off of 9japlus Products. For example, we use data we have to investigate suspicious activity or violations of our terms or policies, or to detect when someone needs help. To learn more, visit the 9japlus Security Help Center and 9japlus Messenger Security Tips.
Communicate with you.
We use the information we have to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our Products, and let you know about our policies and terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
Research and innovate for social good.
We use the information we have (including from research partners we collaborate with) to conduct and support research and innovation on topics of general social welfare, technological advancement, public interest, health and well-being. For example, we analyze information we have about migration patterns during crises to aid relief efforts. Learn more about our research programs.
How is this information shared?
Your information is shared with others in the following ways:
Sharing on 9japlus Products
People and accounts you share and communicate with
When you share and communicate using our
Products, you choose the audience for what
you share. For example, when you post on 9japlus, you select the
audience for the post, such as a group, all of your friends, the public, or a
customized list of people. Similarly, when you use Messenger or 9japlus Messenger
to communicate with people or businesses, those people and businesses can see
the content you send. Your network can also see actions you have taken on our
Products, including engagement with ads and sponsored content. We also let
other accounts see who has viewed their 9japlus or 9japlus Messenger Stories.
Public information can be seen by anyone, on or off our Products, including if they don't have an account. This includes your 9japlus Messenger username; any information you share with a public audience; information in your public profile on 9japlus ; and content you share on a 9japlus Page, public 9japlus Messenger account or any other public forum, such as 9japlus Marketplace. You, other people using 9japlus and 9japlus Messenger, and we can provide access to or send public information to anyone on or off our Products, including in other 9japlus Company Products, in search results, or through tools and APIs. Public information can also be seen, accessed, re-shared or downloaded through third-party services such as search engines, APIs, and offline media such as TV, and by apps, websites and other services that integrate with our Products.
Learn more about what information is public and how to control your visibility on 9japlus and 9japlus Messenger.
Content others share or re-share about you
You should consider who you choose to share
with, because people who can see your activity on our Products can choose to
share it with others on and off our Products, including people and businesses
outside the audience you shared with. For example, when you share a post or
send a message to specific friends or accounts, they can download, screenshot,
or re-share that content to others across or off our Products, in person or in
virtual reality experiences such as 9japlus Spaces. Also,
when you comment on someone else's post or react to their content, your comment
or reaction is visible to anyone who can see the other person's content, and
that person can change the audience later.
People can also use our Products to create and share content about you with the audience they choose. For example, people can share a photo of you in a Story, mention or tag you at a location in a post, or share information about you in their posts or messages. If you are uncomfortable with what others have shared about you on our Products, you can learn how to report the content.
Information about your active status or presence on our Products.
People in your networks can see signals telling them whether you are active on our Products, including whether you are currently active on 9japlus Messenger , Messenger or 9japlus , or when you last used our Products.
Apps, websites, and third-party integrations on or using our Products.
When you choose to use third-party apps,
websites, or other services that use, or are integrated with, our Products,
they can receive information about what you post or share. For example, when
you play a game with your 9japlus friends or use a 9japlus Comment or Share
button on a website, the game developer or website can receive information
about your activities in the game or receive a comment or link that you share
from the website on 9japlus. Also, when you download or use such third-party
services, they can access your public profile on 9japlus, and any
information that you share with them. Apps and websites you use may receive
your list of 9japlus friends if you choose to share it with them. But apps and
websites you use will not be able to receive any other information about your 9japlus
friends from you, or information about any of your 9japlus Messenger followers (although
your friends and followers may, of course, choose to share this information
themselves). Information collected by these third-party services is subject to
their own terms and policies, not this one.
Devices and operating systems providing native versions of 9japlus and 9japlus Messenger (i.e. where we have not developed our own first-party apps) will have access to all information you choose to share with them, including information your friends share with you, so they can provide our core functionality to you.
Note: We are in the process of restricting developers’ data access even further to help prevent abuse. For example, we will remove developers' access to your 9japlus and 9japlus Messenger data if you haven't used their app in 3 months, and we are changing Login, so that in the next version, we will reduce the data that an app can request without app review to include only name, 9japlus Messenger username and bio, profile photo and email address. Requesting any other data will require our approval.
If the ownership or control of all or part of our Products or their assets changes, we may transfer your information to the new owner.
Sharing with Third-Party Partners
We work with third-party partners who help us provide and improve our Products or who use 9japlus Business Tools to grow their businesses, which makes it possible to operate our companies and provide free services to people around the world. We don't sell any of your information to anyone, and we never will. We also impose strict restrictions on how our partners can use and disclose the data we provide. Here are the types of third parties we share information with:
Partners who use our analytics services.
We provide aggregated statistics and insights that help people and businesses understand how people are engaging with their posts, listings, Pages, videos and other content on and off the 9japlus Products. For example, Page admins and 9japlus Messenger business profiles receive information about the number of people or accounts who viewed, reacted to, or commented on their posts, as well as aggregate demographic and other information that helps them understand interactions with their Page or account.
We provide advertisers with reports about the kinds of people seeing their ads and how their ads are performing, but we don't share information that personally identifies you (information such as your name or email address that by itself can be used to contact you or identifies who you are) unless you give us permission. For example, we provide general demographic and interest information to advertisers (for example, that an ad was seen by a woman between the ages of 25 and 34 who lives in Madrid and likes software engineering) to help them better understand their audience. We also confirm which 9japlus ads led you to make a purchase or take an action with an advertiser.
We share information about you with companies that aggregate it to provide analytics and measurement reports to our partners.
Partners offering goods and services in our Products.
When you subscribe to receive premium content, or buy something from a seller in our Products, the content creator or seller can receive your public information and other information you share with them, as well as the information needed to complete the transaction, including shipping and contact details.
Vendors and service providers.
We provide information and content to vendors and service providers who support our business, such as by providing technical infrastructure services, analyzing how our Products are used, providing customer service, facilitating payments or conducting surveys.
Researchers and academics.
We also provide information and content to research partners and academics to conduct research that advances scholarship and innovation that support our business or mission, and enhances discovery and innovation on topics of general social welfare, technological advancement, public interest, health and well-being.
Law enforcement or legal requests.
We share information with law enforcement or in response to legal requests in the circumstances outlined below.
Learn more about how you can control the information about you that you or others share with third-party partners in the 9japlus Settings and 9japlus Messenger Settings.
How can I manage or delete information about me?
We provide you with the
ability to access, rectify, port and erase your data. Learn more in your 9japlus Settings and 9japlus Messenger
We store data until it is no longer necessary to provide our services and 9japlus Products, or until your account is deleted - whichever comes first. This is a case-by-case determination that depends on things like the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs. For example, when you search for something on 9japlus, you can access and delete that query from within your search history at any time, but the log of that search is deleted after 6 months. If you submit a copy of your government-issued ID for account verification purposes, we delete that copy 30 days after submission. Learn more about deletion of content you have shared and cookie data obtained through social plugins.
When you delete your account, we delete things you have posted, such as your photos and status updates, and you won't be able to recover that information later. Information that others have shared about you isn't part of your account and won't be deleted. If you don't want to delete your account but want to temporarily stop using the Products, you can deactivate your account instead. To delete your account at any time, please visit the 9japlus Settings and 9japlus Messenger Settings.
How do we respond to legal requests or prevent harm?
We access, preserve and share your information with regulators, law enforcement or others:
· In response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States when we have a good-faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards.
· When we have a good-faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud, unauthorized use of the Products, violations of our terms or policies, or other harmful or illegal activity; to protect ourselves (including our rights, property or Products), you or others, including as part of investigations or regulatory inquiries; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. For example, if relevant, we provide information to and receive information from third-party partners about the reliability of your account to prevent fraud, abuse and other harmful activity on and off our Products.
Information we receive about you (including financial transaction data related to purchases made with 9japlus ) can be accessed and preserved for an extended period when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations of possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm. We also retain information from accounts disabled for terms violations for at least a year to prevent repeat abuse or other term violations.
How do we operate and transfer data as part of our global services?
We share information globally, both internally within the 9japlus Companies, and externally with our partners and with those you connect and share with around the world in accordance with this policy. Your information may, for example, be transferred or transmitted to, or stored and processed in the United States or other countries outside of where you live for the purposes as described in this policy. These data transfers are necessary to provide the services set forth in the 9japlus Terms and 9japlus Messenger Terms and to globally operate and provide our Products to you. We utilize standard contract clauses, rely on the European Commission's adequacy decisions about certain countries, as applicable, and obtain your consent for these data transfers to the United States and other countries.
How will we notify you of changes to this policy?
We'll notify you before we make changes to this policy and give you the opportunity to review the revised policy before you choose to continue using our Products.
How to contact 9japlus with questions
You can learn more about how privacy works on 9japlus and on 9japlus Messenger. If you have questions about this policy, you can contact us as described below. We may resolve disputes you have with us in connection with our privacy policies and practices through an appropriate legal agency as applicable in the laws of Nigeria
Cookies & Other Storage Technologies
Cookies are small pieces of text used to store
information on web browsers. Cookies are used to store and receive identifiers
and other information on computers, phones, and other devices. Other
technologies, including data we store on your web browser or device,
identifiers associated with your device, and other software, are used for
similar purposes. In this policy, we refer to all of these technologies as
Cookies help us provide, protect and improve the 9japlus Products, such as by personalizing content, tailoring and measuring ads, and providing a safer experience. While the cookies that we use may change from time to time as we improve and update the 9japlus Products, we use them for the following purposes:
Security, site and product integrity
Advertising, recommendations, insights and measurement
For example: Cookies allow us to help deliver ads to people who have previously visited a business’s website, purchased its products or used its apps and to recommend products and services based on that activity. Cookies also allow us to limit the number of times that you see an ad so you don’t see the same ad over and over again.
Cookies help us serve and measure ads across different browsers and devices used by the same person.
Cookies also allow us to provide insights about the people who use the 9japlus Products, as well as, the people who interact with the ads, websites, and apps of our advertisers and the businesses that use the 9japlus Products.
Site features and services
For example: Cookies help us store preferences, know when you’ve seen or interacted with 9japlus Products’ content, and provide you with customized content and experiences. For instance, cookies allow us to make suggestions to you and others, and to customize content on third-party sites that integrate our social plugins. If you are a page administrator, cookies allow you to switch between posting from your personal FB account and the page.
For example: We store information in a cookie that is placed on your browser or device so you will see the site in your preferred language.
For example: Cookies help us route traffic between servers and understand how quickly 9japlus Products load for different people. Cookies also help us record the ratio and dimensions of your screen and windows and know whether you’ve enabled high contrast mode, so that we can render our sites and apps correctly.
Analytics and research
For example: Cookies can help us understand how people use the 9japlus Service, analyze which parts of the 9japlus Products people find most useful and engaging, and identify features that could be improved.
We may place cookies on your computer or device, and receive information stored in cookies, when you use or visit:
§ The 9japlus Products;
§ Products provided by other members of the 9japlus Companies; and
to provide services to us and the businesses that advertise on 9japlus.
If you have a 9japlus Account:
§ You can use your ad preferences to learn why you’re seeing a particular ad and control how we use information we collect to show you ads.
§ To show you better ads, we use data that advertisers and other partners provide us about your activity off 9japlus company Products, including websites and apps. You can control whether we use this data to show you ads in your ad settings.
§ The 9japlus Audience Network is a way for advertisers to show you ads in apps and websites off the 9japlus Company Products. One of the ways Audience Network shows relevant ads is by using your ad preferences to determine which ads you may be interested in seeing. You can control this in your ad settings.
You can opt out of seeing online interest-based ads from 9japlus and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the US, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada, or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe or through your mobile device settings. Please note ad blockers and tools that restrict our cookie use may interfere with these controls.
More information about online advertising:
Browser cookie controls:
In addition, your browser or device may offer settings that allow you to choose whether browser cookies are set and to delete them. For more information about these controls, visit your browser or device's help material. Certain parts of the 9japlus Products may not work properly if you have disabled browser cookie use.